I am a WordPress advocate for many reasons and that’s what I want to talk about today! Back in 2012 I wrote a blog post on my company website Lucky Dog Consulting about “Why I Like WordPress“. I don’t just like WordPress I love WordPress!
WordPress used to be a software you used to create a blog but it has grown into so much more! I love WordPress for so many reasons and I hope you will join the many users of WordPress once you find out how powerful this content management system really is!
As a web professional I started off hand coding static HTML websites and through the years I have used a variety of content management systems for the websites that I have either created or maintained. However, none of them have been as flexible and easy to use as WordPress!
Here are some examples of why I love WordPress:
- WordPress is easy to install
- It has an endless number of themes to choose from to design your website the way you want it to look
- The ability to add dynamic functionality to your website through plugins
- The community of users & developers that are always working to help others in the community
- The constant work that goes into to improving WordPress to move it to the next level
- The ability to create websites for others that will give them a professional web presence
- Empowering others to maintain their own websites without having to learn code
WordPress is so much more than a blog. You can build small to large scale websites with it that are user friendly and dynamic. WordPress is currently being used by not only bloggers but large enterprise companies!
Take a look at some examples you might be surprised to see:
- The Jane Goodall Institute
- The Clorox Company
- San Francisco Examiner
- Dole – Get Up and Grow
- Alanis Morrisette
- Mercedes Benz
- The New York Post
- Travel Oregon
WordPress is not just a blog anymore and if you can envision it you can create it with WordPress! The examples above really show how versatile WordPress really is! I just can’t say it enough, I love WordPress!
As you can see I REALLY do love WordPress for many reasons and I could go on and on but I think I should stop here. If you are interested in creating a blog or website for yourself you should check out WordPress.com and WordPress.org to find out more. You can also comment below on this post and I would be happy to talk more about WordPress with you!